Each B.A.C. has, but all are inspired by one common aim: the very highest standards in language education.
A friendly school with its own unique flavor and a big personality
Right in the heart of Moscow in the exciting Pushkin’s Square area, known as Moscow Piccadilly Circus, 10 minutes walk from the Kremlin and Red Square, next to Tverskaya Street, the major Moscow artery, B.A.C. is close to lots of interesting shops, cafes, restaurants, museums.
Moscow: the world in one city
We offer you a great environment plus all the history, culture, entertainment, shopping and attractions Moscow is famous for.
Choose the perfect place to stay
With B.A.C. range of accommodation, you will easily find the right place to stay for your learning experience. We will give you good-value accommodation and the chance to explore our amazing city and pick up the Russian language with our professional teachers!
Experiences you will never forget
The Theater Square with the renewed Bolshoi Theater and world-famous Malij Theater, The Pushkin’s and The LENCOM Theaters and The Pushkin’s Cinema Hall holding major Russian and Foreign Cinema Festivals are only some of the activities available.
|The Moscva River||The Kremlin Wall||The Bolshoi Theatre||Tverskaya Street|
B.A.C British Academic Centre
Quality is at the core of everything we do
B.A.C British Academic Centre is one of the largest and most respected Schools of Foreign Languages in Russia and the CIS which offers job opportunities to language teachers in Russia. B.A.C schools pride themselves upon more than a decade's experience in teaching English. Most of our language schools are located in Moscow and Moscow Region (Krasnogorsk Branch), Saint-Petersburg. These small towns are not as remote as you might think; in fact all of them are within 40km of the Kremlin. They have the advantage of peaceful and homelike surroundings, and while they are considered satellite schools, they are actually quite close to Moscow.
If you are interested in Russian culture and the Russian language B.A.C is a great way to find out about the country. If you really want to immerse yourself in the Russian language and culture, you can do it better in a small town.
While the majority of our classes are young learner classes, adult general English classes and business English classes, our teaching sphere stretches further to incorporate other programs as well. We also provide in-company classes, residential YL camps and Cambridge exam preparation classes (YLE, KET, PET, FCE, CAE, CPE, TOEFL, IELTS, BEC).What we offer:
We offer competitive packages depending on experience and qualification which include a competitive salary, flight and visa reimbursement, free shared accommodation, travel allowance, medical care.
- 9 months valid contract
- 5-day working week (workdays may be weekdays and weekends depending on the schedule)
- two consecutive or non-consecutive days-off on any day of the week, as mutually agreed between the Teacher and the Centre management
- 90 normal teaching hours (120 academic hours) where
- 6 academic hours for stand-by, placement testing, teachers' meetings, seminars, open days, conversation clubs, discussion clubs, English parties, promo-activities as part of the curriculum and/or plan of events of the Centre
- shared accommodation provided by the Center, no more than 40 min from the venue
- accommodation, flight tickets, visa, medical insurance expenses covered by the company
- 16 days of paid vacation
The application should include the following:
- University or College diploma
- Certificate for TEFL qualification (TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, DELTA or equivalent)
- Letters of recommendation
- Current photo
School requirements for English language teachers
As a leading English language school, British Academic Center values its teachers and is proud of their work and professionalism. The majority of our EFL teachers are university graduates and all of our English teachers are required to have a special TEFL qualification, such as the Cambridge CELTA/DELTA, Trinity TESOL or equivalent. We also have an experienced educational management team made up of DOSes, ADOSes and senior teachers. Having taught in language schools themselves, they are capable of providing teachers with the guidance and support needed for effective teaching.
In addition, our company offers many opportunities for promotion within the school. We encourage our teachers to grow professionally. Many of those who started at B.A.C. as language teachers some time ago have subsequently been promoted to senior positions in the school.
The minimum requirement for B.A.C teachers is the CELTA, Trinity TESOL or equivalent initial qualification. Other essential requirements include:
- post qualification experience of minimum 1 year experience after obtaining the teaching qualification
- Full mastery of English across all 4 skills
- Experience in teaching English as a second language using communicative approach
Optional requirements include:
- Experience teaching YLs and Business English
- Basic understanding of the business world (for teaching Business English)
- Cultural sensitivity/adaptability and some experience living abroad are also valuable in assisting teachers with the adjustment to living and working in Russia
Preference is given to EFL teachers with experience. Non-native speakers and newly qualified teachers are also welcome to apply. If you are not a native speaker (Russian or originally from other countries) but obtained internationally recognized certificate (Cambridge CELTA/DELTA, Trinity TESOL or equivalent) we also can consider your application for our language school.Interviews options
We recruit teachers from all over the world, not only in the UK therefore there are several interview options. Candidates can be interviewed face to face at the central office in Moscow, via Skype with a webcam or by telephone. If you are contacted for interview, please state your preference.Pre-interview questions
- What is your academic background (Academic degrees, Certificates of an English Teacher)?
- What teaching experience and other work experience do you have?
- Why did you decide to work as a teacher? What do/don’t you like about the teaching profession?
- What courses can you teach? What Age categories of students (VYL, YL, Teenagers, Adults) can you teach (Beginners, Elementary, Pre-Intermediate, Intermediate, Upper-Intermediate, Advanced)? What Course books do you use?
- Have you supervised any undergraduate students?
- How will you involve students in the learning process?
- How would you describe your interactions with students? What is your approach to interact with students?
- How do you motivate students?
- What is your teaching philosophy?
- Why are you interested in this position?
Send an Application Form